Easiest Oatmeal Recipe Ever





   Breakfast in our house is non negotiable. No matter how busy our morning is I always have something prepared and ready to go. I went through a overnight oats phase and probably made over night oats in every variation thought of. I love oatmeal in the morning because it's a complex carbohydrate meaning it keeps you feeling full for longer and it is so versatile you can put anything on top. If you keep the toppings sugar free you got yourself a really good start to the day. As much as I love my over night rolled oats my son was getting bored of cold oatmeal and re-heating it was an extra step that took the simplicity out of it.


When I bought my rice cooker (which is my favourite kitchen appliance btw) There was a recipe booklet inside of it which had a oatmeal recipe. I prefer steel cut oatmeal and that is my go to when I have more time to make it. Saving time is like hitting the jackpot these days with a 3 year old running around. I experimented with steel cut oats in my rice cooker and it turned out perfect and creamy.

Making oatmeal in my rice cooker is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life, the boys love it and I can set it ahead of time to make busy mornings a breeze. It's so easy that I don't have to be at home and the family gets hot creamy delicious oatmeal. This is my go to on days that I wake up earlier then the boys. I can go get my workout in while everyone is sleeping and when I'm done they are fed. Win!


When I made this on Instagram I got so many questions about it that I knew I had to share it.

Enjoy.



1  cup Rolled or Steel cut oatmeal ( If your doing Steel cut oats use 1/2 cup more of liquid)
1  cup filtered water
1  cup milk or milk alternative
1 tbs grass fed butter (optional)
1 tbs raw organic honey/pure maple syrup optional
1  tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp himalayan salt

You can do many variations of this recipe. Feel free to add whatever seasoning you like to make it your own.

I like to add berries so they burst and get really flavourful and sweetens it up without adding sugar.

Add all ingredients to your rice cooker. My rice cooker is the Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker
set your rice cooker to Heat/Simmer option
Add 10 minutes
Press START
Delay START is a handy option, I add everything the night before and DELAY START for whatever time I want it to start in the morning.

One less thing to do while I rush out the door.

Enjoy, hashtag #ckfitkrew








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client Spotlight

Vulnerable share/ Passion

CK Fit Challenge