My Bulletproof Diet Review


 Have you ever tried something and thought to yourself, wow this is so amazing I have to share it with everyone you know starting with your loved ones and BFF's. Guess what thats exactly what I did, probably annoying a few people because I couldn't shut up about it.
 The first time I tried Bulletproof coffee I knew wholly crap this was the beginning of something really good. 

Was I hiding under a rock this whole time ? I felt as though I was the last to find out about butter in your coffee. i think I may have heard about it on the radio a long time ago and thought to myself people are crazy. when I tried Bulletproof coffee and to save the hand cramp I will refer to it as BPC.  My brain was on, all the way on! I could think clearly again and began to think about all my friends and family who could benefit from the feeling I was having. I had a huge boost of energy, my brain was functioning and I actually didn't hate the taste of it. I did not enjoy the regular coffee I was spending my hard earned money on but I needed it! So I thought, not knowing the difference in the quality of beans had on brain function. My thought's were so much clearer now and I could actually focus easier. My body felt like I had just rewarded it with the greatest gift, this is exactly what my body needed this whole time.
#Fat
 I know it sounds crazy, but its true.
   
  Around the time I discovered Bulletproof coffee I seemed to be in good health. I worked out regularly (on the verge of too much), I thought I led a healthy lifestyle because of my fitness level and I watched what I ate (well most of the time). I questioned why do I still feel so sluggish? Why do I feel like my body is giving up on me? I was experiencing some symptoms of brain fog in my work life and family life. Around 3:00pm to4:00pm everyday I hit a wall. I experienced a huge crash in energy which left me unmotivated to do anything, all I wanted to do is go to sleep and stay in bed as long as I could. I was learning to accept that this is how a busy mom juggling business and family life was suppose to feel. I constantly questioned if what I was feeling was normal?
When I woke up in the morning I had little energy, motivation and experianced suspicious all around pain in my body. I was constantly tired and struggled to find energy.Dependant on energy drinks and caffeine to get me through the day left me with a jittery crash as a result. "What was I doing wrong "?I asked myself this over and over again. "Do other people feel like this"?

 I had questions and I wasn't ready to roll over and accept the way I felt at 30 something years old. I decided to do my own research and take my health and wellness into my own hands.

   I had a vision of how I wanted to look for a long time. I had a desire to look like the women I see on social media with shredded bodies that dedicate their lives to fitness and may not always have the  healthiest lifestyle. I wasn't willing to go to the extreme to look that lean and put my body through stress for appearance. I was trying to chase a certain look that was in every way unattainable for me and ultimately left me battling my own biology. I finally realized that looking like that was not something I wanted to do so I decided to change my perception and my goals. This led me to the decision of choosing how I feel and not how I wanted to look.

   I stopped focusing on my outside appearance and I was determined to feel better mentally and emotionally because "dieting" was not helping in the productive department. Along with ruining my metabolism, disrupting my hormones and affecting my mental health.

(my search for optimal health begins now)
While watching one of my favourite YouTubers I came across Crosby Tailor. tailordlife.
He is well known for a lot of things however this YouTube video was featuring his low carb high fat guilt free baking #eatdessertburnfat. One ingredient he was using was called Brain Octane Oiland he described it to be a natural brain performance enhancer to be 18 times the strength of coconut oil, extracted from coconut without the strong coconut flavour. The health benefits of Brain Octane Oil can be found here at  benefits of MCT oil
After he described how good it was for brain function I was sold. I had no clue how this oil was going to make me feel better but I was desperate to feel anything at this point so I started to add this oil into my smoothies without really knowing anything about the BulletProof brand, coffee or that this was going to change my life.

   The first few times of using it I realized that the Brain Octane oil was  something that people put into their Bulletproof Coffee.  didn't even drink coffee at this time. I gave up on coffee because I had to prove to myself that I didn't need it in my life and I was so extreme with my diet rituals. I thought I was becoming dependant on it and when I drank my usually coffee brand I didn't feel the good and it had a nasty after taste. I would go on coffee detox's in hope to feel better and cleanse my system of stimulants not realizing that coffee has many health benefits.




After buying the Bulletproof Diet Book and reading it as fast as I could, I realized that I was doing everything backwards my whole life. Not all fat is created equally. It changed my outlook about what I believed to be nourishing. I stopped counting calories, dieting and looking at a scale so often.





I highly suggest reading the book and understanding the philosophy behind the brand. If your not interested in being Bulletproof or turning your body into its own fat burning machine, and your simply looking for a better quality coffee that you can drink everyday without leaving a nasty taste in your mouth then that is ok also.


My experience eating and living a Bulletproof Lifestyle has eliminated all cravings for sugar, starchy carbohydrates and processed food. It has greatly affected my brain function in the best way possible. I feel as if I can accomplish my dreams and take on task that I just really didn't have the energy to do before. I sleep better and have more energy to play with my son and more motivation then I have ever had in my life.


My thoughts on the book

I I have found something that makes me feel full and is very satisfying in the morning that doesn't give me a crash later in the afternoon.
I really like the 2 week protocol which helps you get into fat burning mode while eating whole foods.
The Diet Rad Map really helped me navigate through the foods that make me feel energized and the foods that could possibly make me feel sluggish, irritable, crave sugar cause inflammation and possibly do a lot of harm to my body physically and emotionally. The Diet Road map is built like a graph from quality foods to eat regularly that make you feel bulletproof being superior to the inferior low performance, inflammatory and anti-nutrient foods to avoid.

This was more of a suggestion then "do not absolutely eat this because it is"bad."
Food is here to give us nutrients and if we make the right choices by eliminated the "fake foods" we can get a better understanding of what works well with our bodies.
I love putting collagen in my coffee, it has really helped me in a lot of ways specifically with injuries related to wear and tear and for it's beauty benefits think: hair, nails skin all which are related to gut health. I swear by Vital Proteins and stand by the I have a routine and I feel like it fits into my life very easily.brand.
The book explained how to optimize the female body while living bulletproof.
I'm the type of person that needs a physiological or biological explanation in order for the claim to be trusted. If that is not provided I will take it with a grain of salt.
Bulletproof coffee founder Dave Aspry claims that BPC doesn't contain mycotoxins in their beans because of a special roasting process and the quality of beans. This is something that is very controversial in the coffee world but I have a way to test this out so stay tuned for more on the quality of the bulletproof beans.

I know a thing or two about the food industry and how things work so when it comes to anything about food products I tend do be suspicious. However I wanted to keep an open mind and see for myself if this actually works. I wanted to see if I ate fat would I get fat.
If I could hack my own biology and feel great while doing it, This is an on going process and I can say I'm enjoying it so far.

I did lose a pound a day like it said while following the 2 week meal plan to detoxify your body, eliminate toxic foods and get you adjusted to eating a meal plan rich in quality fats. The thing I love the most is not being hungry, I use to feel as though I was hungry every 2- 3 hours before this and had massive cravings for sugar. What matters the most and whatI was really searching for was feeling good in my own skin. I can honestly say that now, I feel really good and that hasn't changed one bit during this process. Everyday I feel better as I continue to learn about my individual biology. Testing this out on myself and becoming a product of the high fat low carb model was important to me, I didn't want to talk about it until I knew it worked. This diet is backed by science and if you understand how the body works you will not doubt this model. However the bulletproof diet is not backed by the FDA, however you have to ask why not? as I said the food industry is one of the sketchiest industries out there and they will lie and manipulate to meet there bottom line.


I'm now living life in high performance which is a direct result of a high fat low carbohydrate meal plan, I feel as if I have a secret to feeling my best so I was really excited to share this with as many people as I could.



Enjoy feeling your best and being bulletproof.

Leave a comment or contact me directly to hear more.


#ckfitkrew













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client Spotlight

Vulnerable share/ Passion

My Bulletproof Coffee Recipe